10.1.11

Working with porcelain

Porcelain is beautiful. It is so lovely to work with and so smooth. In my last ceramic class I bought some porcelain clay instead of using the stoneware that is typically supplied for the students. Having attended the classes for over a year I needed a new challenge. I made a series of bowls and deep dish plates (which I ate my eggplant and sweet potato green curry out of tonight. Yummo!).

I glazed the pieces with a matte white glaze on the inside and used a few different colours to decorate them with three simple dots. Kilns are quite temperamental so my work came out a light greyish tone instead of the white, white I was expecting. I have another slab of porcelain waiting for me to use so hopefully next time will be perfect... ish. BTW these muffins were AMAZING! Kiwi fruit and banana muffins. You can find the recipe  here .

2 comments:

  1. This is the most beautiful stuff I have ever seen! You are s-o-o-o (multi)talented it is just amazing! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ami,

    So nice to hear from you! Thanks for your compliments! It was very exciting getting a first comment :) I'm glad you like my work, I'm hoping to open up a shop one day with all my creations. Fun times ahead.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete