5.1.11

Newfoundland for Christmas


For Christmas our family does a Kris Kringle. Last year I was to buy a gift for my dad. When I asked him if there was anything in particular he wanted, he said that he wanted me to draw a picture of our trip to Newfoundland. Challenge accepted. Rather than a picture of one memory, I wanted to combine a whole lot of memories, places, animals and experiences. I originally wanted to have the illustration letter-pressed but after speaking to the lovely lady who owns/runs Bookhou in Toronto, where I really wanted to get my work printed, I couldn't get the size I wanted. She suggested that I screen-print it instead and here are the gorgeous results. She also recommended that I get some tea towels printed and they are so cute. Dad, it's in the mail. Merry (belated) Christmas!

(Arounna from Bookhou posted some pics of the tea towels on her blog, check it out: www.bookhouathome.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment