5.1.11

Quilting, this is getting serious!

My first quilt was inspired by a great fabric discovery, Alexander Henry's Frida Khalo themed fabric. I love Frida and I bought the fabric and some 'day of the dead' skeleton fabric too. Why not! The result: a huge, busy, colourful and slightly crazy quilt. When my mum and dad came to visit me for my birthday in August (2010) mum lovingly hand sewed the binding on for me. I love you mum! xo (BTW if you want a laugh, you can see how I have decapitated poor Frida in some of the panels. This is before I discovered fussy cutting...)

My third quilt (my second was a cute baby quilt for a friends baby) was a major undertaking for a semi-beginner sewer and quilter. I saw this quilt in a shop I found in Chicago. It is by far the most beautiful quilting shop I have ever been to. Modern and colourful prints and you can visit their website here www.shopquiltology.com. This diamond Kaffet Fassett quilt was hanging on the wall and I fell in love with it. Little did I know or understand about cutting fabric on a bias but I wanted it and that was that. After much delay and fear of ruining half my fabric I eventually made it and it turned out to be easier to work on than all of the other quilts I had already made! Now for the binding... mum are you coming back any time soon? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment